What to know about employee health screening:
This screening consists of two parts prior to starting your shift:
- A daily, off-site employee self-screening. Do not come to work if you are sick!
- You can use the BC self-assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health/
- Call 811 for further guidance
- Call your supervisor to let them know and enter a case in Direct Connect
- A daily, on-site symptom screening with temperature check
- There are multiple locations for screening and each location has certain operating times. Talk to your supervisor to confirm where to go
- Wear your face covering – if you don’t have one, we have you covered
- You will need your employee ID
- You will be asked the following questions:
- Have you tested positive or were you diagnosed as presumed positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the past 14 days?
- Have you travelled internationally in the past 14 days or have you traveled domestically in the last 14 days and local public health requires a quarantine following travel?
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you answer NO to all of the above, you will be cleared for work
If you answer YES to any of these questions you will be asked to go home. Call your supervisor to inform them of your situation and to receive further guidance
HERE is a list of all screening locations
Contact the safety team at 7126 for any questions