SAFETY TIP | PRE-SEASON PREPARATION
Time to get in shape for the endless powder runs
- Work on Flexibility- try a yoga class, look on line for free instructions on stretching and yoga
- Build Endurance – work on your cardio, go for a hike, run or jog a few times a week, hit the treadmill or long walks on the endless valley trail
- Strengthen your core! Engage your core while performing all activities, do some sit ups, start a plank challenge with your team, see who can hold it the longest.
- Work on your upper and lower body strength, lunge and squat alternating with push ups and bicep curls.
- Don’t forget your back, find exercises that strengthen your upper and lower back area.
- Look for 6 week workout plans on the internet, start a workout challenge with your team
Here are some exercises from Ski RAD from Back in Action: